Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to our Sweet 2-year-old!!

Birthday Princess!!

(Addy's cute friend, Ashlee, gave her this Birthday Princess crown)



Like I said before, we were driving home from Seattle on Addy's birthday. Then, Mike & I left for Cancun a day later. So, we weren't able to really celebrate her birthday until now. Last Friday, we had a fun birthday party for her.


Addy made her invitations this year - she fingerpainted each and every one of them:


Not too happy about it in this picture





She also helped make "2" cookies for her party:


Here are some pictures of her friend party. We invited 4 little kids from our neighborhood to come play in the pool and splash park with her. They swam, opened presents, and had "2" cookies:

Addy, Ashlee, Alex, Camden, & Mas - this is the best one we could get!

Right after the pool party, we drove over to Murray Park for a family party. The theme this year was Minnie Mouse because she LOVES Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Disney Channel. We had a really fun time - we ate pizza, opened presents, ate cake & cookies, and played on the playground:

The Minnie Mouse cake I made - I thought it turned out cute



"2" cookies


The birthday girl with Mickey Mouse bows :)





Opening presents!



My dad gave her a fish :) She named him fish :)

1, 2, 3...BLOW!
We just can't believe our little Adyson is 2! It has gone by so fast, but it has been the best 2 years of our lives! We love this girl so much and feel so blessed that she is in our life!

11 comments:

Summer said...

What a cute party! You did a great job on her cake! So cute! Tell her happy Birthday!

Lisa said...

Great job on the cake Leah! I told you, you didn't need a shaped pan! I like the idea of the "2" cookies as well. Happy Birthday Addy!

Shay said...

"Happy Birthday Addy!" -scout


Scout's just been waiting for Addy's birthday to finally arrive so she could give her her present finally. She's had it for months now : ) Too bad we missed it amongst all the Dyer vacationing...it will have to be a belated gift now.

Tami said...

Fun party! You made the cute Minnie cake? I'm impressed! It looks great! So, Cancun looks amazing! I'm glad you guys had such a fun, fun time!

Emily said...

what a cute cake!! i love her bows too!! I can't believe that she is two already!!

Linds Forrest said...

Happy Birthday Addison!!!

That cake looks AMAZING!! How did you make it? Was it a mold or did you let your creativity explode?!

Stark Family said...

I love the cake, it looks awesome! Happy Birthday Ady! Time really does fly. . . .

Kalli & Andy said...

Happy Birthdy to Addy! She is adorable, you did such cute stuff for her. The cake is adorable, so creative nice work. Looks like you guys have been doing some very fun traveling. Happy Anniversary too.

The Campbells said...

Happy Birthday to that cute little Addy! I can't believe you made that cake-it is so cute! I attempted to make one for Olivia's birthday and I gave up and just did the mouse shape with pink frosting. I also love that you had Addy help with the invitations-such a cute idea!

Ashley and Jared said...

It was so great to see you guys... Jared thought it was great to see the pictures of Addy's birthday. we hope to see you guys again real soon! love you guys!

Melissa May said...

Awesome job on the party! Looks like you guys went all out! The fingerpainted invitations were a great idea. Yeah, now that my daughter is coming up on 8 I have less of an imagination when it comes to birthday parties! LOL