Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's a Miracle...

an UPDATE!!!!

On August 1st, 2010 we moved from our beautiful home/neighborhood in Stansbury Park, UT to Lufkin, TX.  Mike took a new job as an administrator of a Skilled Nursing Facility.  He LOVES his job and we are really loving Texas.  Our ward is so friendly and we have adjusted well (except I don't think we will ever adjust to the humidity in the summers!)  Here is what we have been up to in the last 7 months (get ready...it is LONG):
 
Brooklyn turned 1:

 She had a little "friend" party on her actual birthday with Addy, Easton, and Sunnie.  We went swimming and at cupcakes and playdough icecream:


On June 26th, she had a family party (including the Peterson's and Larsen's which are basically our family too).   We had a BBQ and lots of cake and cupcakes:






 4th of July:
Scout & Addy's annual 4th of July Picture

Swimming Lessons with Diessen & Page:

Diessen & Addy - they were in the same class and Jamie/Page and Me/Brooklyn were in the Mom&Tot class together!
Girl's Night Out/Farewell Party:
My amazing friends in our neighborhood planned a Girl's Night Out to Olive Garden to say goodbye to me.  I sure miss those GNOs and I miss all you girls so much!!

Amy, Stacie, Shay, Lindsay, Heather, Kim, Jamie, Amanda, Me, Crystal (& Abby)
Farewell BBQ:
Once again, our wonderful friends threw our family a Farewell BBQ.  It was so bittersweet - we had such a fun time hanging out with everyone, but, at the same time, it made it that much harder to leave all of our great friends in our neighborhood and ward :(  Thank you so much - WE MISS YOU ALL!!


Sarah/Easton, Me/Brooklyn, and Shay/Crew sad about the move :(


Trinity, Me, Shay, Jen, Amy



The Painter's

Jared, Jen, Shay, Stacie and all the yummy food!!

Me, Brooklyn, Easton, and Sarah

The 3 Mustketeers - Mike, Travis, and Aaron

The 3 Musketeer wives (and kids)
Addy REALLY misses her best friend, Scout!!



And Brooklyn misses her buddy (& future husband), Easton

 Family Pictures:
  3 days before we moved, we got our family pictures taken:



 










  Addy turned 4:
On her actual birthday, Mike was out of town, so we went to Dallas so that Addy could party with her cousins.  We had a donut cake for breakfast, Addy and I went to get her 1st pedicure, we went swimming, opened presents, and had cupcakes and ice cream cones.  My cousin and her boys came up from Fort Worth too!  It was a really fun day for Addy!!







The weekend after her birthday, we celebrated with Daddy.  We opened her presents and had her princess cake!
 
She got a Cinderella dress & crown for her birthday

 







1st Day of Preschool:
Addy started at her new preschool in August.  It is a preschool at a baptist church so they have Chapel time, and pray and all that good stuff.  Let's just say, she will know her Bible stories better than I do!  She absolutely loves her teacher and class (her class has 4 girls in it, no boys)!!      


Addy started a dance class where she learns ballet, tap, and gymnastics all in one:
 1st Texas High School Football Game:
Okay, Texans definitely LOVE their football!!  We went to a Lufkin High School football game in September and, oh my gosh, it is crazy!!   They have a scoreboard, a gigantic stadium, a gigantic marching band, an announcer, you have to park a mile away, and on and on.  So fun!








That's right, that is a gigantic airconditioner because it is so dang HOT!!
Scoreboard









Addy doing an "L" for Lufkin
A Lufkin Panther Paw cookie
 














Mike had a birthday:














Took a Trip to Houston:
Houston is only about 1 1/2 - 2 hours away from where we live, so we took a short mini-vacation to check out Houston.  We had fun swimming in the hotel, playing for hours in the AWESOME children's museum, and going to an Astro's game. 





 Austin & Maegan got Sealed in the Salt Lake Temple:




During mine and Brooklyn's trip to Utah for Austin's sealing, my dear friend Shay had a birthday dinner that my dear friend Sarah put on.  It was SO MUCH FUN to see my buddies from Stansbury Park again and to check up on our house.  Before the dinner, I took Brooklyn to see the ducks at the little lake that we always took a walk to when we lived there.





 Texas A&M vs. Arkansas game at Dallas Cowboys Stadium:
While I went to Time Out for Women with my sister, cousins, and Aunt, Mike and Phil (my brother-in-law) went to the Texas A&M vs. Arkansas game at the Dallas Cowboys stadium.  Mike's pharmacist gave him the tickets...they were $300 tickets which included 12th row, food, super close parking.  Have I mentioned that Mike is LOVING all the big-city sports games he gets to go to now?!?!



Train Park:
The next weekend, Mike went to the BYU/TCU game with my dad, brother-in-law, Uncle, Aunt and cousins.  While they were at the game, my sister and I took the kids to a really cute Train Park in Fort Worth and then they played on the playground.  They had a blast!






 Halloween:
This year for Halloween, Addy was, of course, Cinderella and Brooklyn was a chick. The weekend before Halloween, we went to the Pumpkin Patch.  That next week was a busy one - they had a party at storytime, Addy had a party at preschool, we had our ward Halloween party and Trunk-or-treat, and they went Trick-or-treating.  Needless to say, they got A LOT of candy!! 




Halloween Party at Storytime
Halloween party at Storytime

Off the Preschool Halloween Party

Addy & her preschool class - all 4 of them were PRINCESSES!!
Addy's class with their teacher, Mrs. Brenda

Pumpkin Patch







Pumpkin Patch


Redneck Dunk Booth at our Ward Halloween Party
Ward Halloween Party

Trunk-or-treat

Fighting over the candy bucket
Dumping the candy out the second they got home!
 Preschool Trip to the Zoo:





Preschool Thanksgiving Finger Food Feast:




Rudolph the Red-Nosed Pumping Unit Lighting:
At our mall here, they have a display that is a Rudolph with Santa's sleigh behind him, but Rudolph is a pumping unit...you know, for oil!  I know, weird and very Texan.  Anyway, the girls and I went to the lighting of it.  Santa came and gave out milk and cookies :)



Thanksgiving in Houston:
For Thanksgiving this year, we went to Houston and had it at my Aunt and Uncle's house.  My parents, my sister and her family, and my cousins all came.  It was such a blast.  On Friday, the moms and Grandmas took all the kiddos to Tangled.  On Saturday, we all went to my Aunt's friend's farm.  The kids LOVED feeding the animals, paddling on the lake, eating s'mores, and just running all around.  Such a fun weekend!!
Nana & Brooklyn
Kids table


another table...
Peyton and Brooklyn eating Thanksgiving dinner


and another table!

Dessert table :)

watching Tangled (in 3D)







Lufkin Christmas Parade:







Preschool Christmas Program:



Addy's 1st Nutcracker:
Addy's dance studio put on a production of the Nutcracker and so she got a free ticket...so Addy and I went!  I LOVED taking my daughter to her 1st Nutcracker!!  She absolutely loved it and asked to be in it next year, so it looks like we need to put her in the ballet company, soon!  
Ready to go!

Excited for it to start!

Mesmerized by the beautiful dancing :)

After the show with Addy's babysitter and one of my cute Young Women

Ward Christmas Party:
At our ward Christmas party, the primary put on a Nativity.  Addy was an angel.  Santa came too!





Visiting Santa:
We also went to the mall to see Santa and to see if Brooklyn would do ANY better with him...NOPE!!

 Christmas Sunday:



Christmas 2010:
We had such a fun Christmas this year.  On Christmas Eve, we made cookies for Santa, made a gingerbread house, ate pizza in the car while driving around looking at Christmas lights, opened our Christmas pajamas from Nana & Papa, set out cookies for Santa and the carrots for the reindeer, and off to bed.



Making the gingerbread house

Ready to open their Christmas jamas (they are super tired, if you can't tell)




Setting the cookies out for Santa and carrots out for the reindeer :)
 To Be Continued...

9 comments:

Katie said...

Man looking at your posts makes me want to live in Lufkin....oh wait I do! lol. Just goes to show that you can find interesting stuff to do any where you live.

I love ALL the pics! Now keep posting! The Santa pics are classic btw. Brooklyn is so dang cute and I love the Christmas dresses and I love that ALL of Addy's class was princesses...freaking hilarious. And I love that its 1 AM and I'm blogging...time for round 2 of my attempted sleep with a newborn. :)

Emily said...

Dear Cute Leah -

I am so happy that things are well in Texas. It looks like you've had quite the adventurous year.

Not that you need reminding, but your girls sure are beautiful.

Have a great new year!

James and Crystal said...

It's so good to hear from you. We miss you up here. But it looks like Texas is treating you well.

Linds Forrest said...

What an awesome update! Texas sounds awesome. Hopefully next time we are both in Utah we can go to lunch! Your daughters are beautiful!

Sara B. Larson said...

Wow, what an update!! Looks like you've had quite the year. :) Your girls are so cute!

Shay said...

this update practically has me bauling :( I MISS YOU GUYS. So bitter sweet because it looks like you guys are having a blast in Texas. Adds is SO BIG I can't wait to see her!! and Little Miss Brooklyn is a dollface!
I'm jealous of the high school football games. I used to LOVE watching high school games so that would be awesome to be able to go each week

Stacie said...

Where to begin? Wow, you guys look so great. Whose children are those?!?! They have changed so much to me! We miss you guys! Don't forget us if you ever make it back to Utah...we'd love to see you!

Mykell said...

WOW, you have been busy!! The girls are so stinkin cute!!! I am glad that you guys are loving Texas! I hope you keep updating us, I cant believe you have already been gone so long, we miss you guys!!!

Amander said...

I always admire your posts because you have SO many pictures in them (which I love looking at but I also know how frustrating blogger can be with pictures!).

Looks like you've been having such a great time. Love the update!