Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Screwdrivers, Stabbings, and Glasses

So, on Sunday at about 4:00, our little "angel" STABBED me in the eye with a screwdriver!! She was sitting in my lap and found a screwdriver. She started hitting her doggy (don't worry...a stuffed animal) with it, so I went to grab it out of her hand but she was too quick and it went right in the inside corner of my right eye, scratching my eyeball on the way. It was right after conference, so my whole family was sitting there and they witnessed it. Right before it happened, Austin said something like "you better get that out of her hand, that looks dangerous, she could stab someone in the eye". I started crying blood and so we decided I needed to go get it checked out. Addy knew that she hurt me and she was FREAKING out! I have never seen her cry so hard. At least she felt bad about it, sweet thing :) The doctor just said that it has that scratch, it is bruised, and it was swollen. So here is a picture of me in glasses - I rarely wear my glasses and now I have to wear them 24/7...let's just say I am still trying to get used to them. If you look closely, you can see part of the cut in the inside corner of my right eyeball - it's a nice, ugly red spot. So all I can say is...steer clear if you ever see Addy running around with a screwdriver!

13 comments:

Amander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amander said...

Oh my goodness, Shar! I'm glad there wasn't any permanent damage. It's nice you look adorable in glasses :)

Linds Forrest said...

HOLY CRAP LEAH! I always joke about stabbing people in the eye, and you really got stabbed in the eye. Does it hurt? BUT you look SO cute in glasses. I LOVE those glasses too!! That is funny that Austin said that right before it happened. Maybe he secretly put the thought into Addy's head and then she did it. Jsut teasin. Hope your eyeball stays in socket!!

Laurie said...

hey leah, OF COURSE i remember you! so glad to hear from you. drop me an email anytime! and don't let addy get into the knives - geez - you're lucky it was only a scratch!

Lisa said...

Omigosh Leah! That's crazy! I'm glad you're alright. You sure are lucky she didn't get you any worse than she did. What a cute girl!!

Sara and Matthew said...

Oh, Leah I feel bad for both of you. How sad. You do look cute in glasses.

Summer said...

Oh my goodness! OUCH! I'm so glad she didn't get you in the eyeball! That is crazy! Glad your ok! You do look cute in glasses!

Sharlyn said...

So after reading that we aren't letting Blake play with screwdrivers anymore! I am glad you are ok. We are SOOOOO excited to see you in a few days!!!!

The Campbells said...

Holy Cow! I am glad it is not more serious! Hope you get feeling better!

Maria said...

Yikes... I can't think too much about it, it just makes me hurt. Hope you recover quickly!

The Gibson's said...

Wow, that's a good one! I always hear crazy stories about kids but i think this takes the charts. hope you start feeling better.

Emily said...

oh my gosh!! good thing it wasn't a bb gun--she would shot your eye out, which is much worse then poking it out. I like you in your glasses

XYZinn said...

Holy crap! That is scary. I'm glad it wasn't more serious! I am always afraid Ryley is going to do something like that to me. The other day, for no apparent reason, she smacked me in the face with the remote! Ouch!