Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Camping!

Last weekend we went camping with our friends (and neighbors), the Wood's. We had such a blast! We were originally planning on going to Smith & Morehouse, but once we got up there, we found out it was FULL!! Crap! What do we do now? We were totally packed up, drove an hour and a half, and our friends were on their way up and we had no cell phone reception to tell them. We were in a bit of a pickle. So, we started driving back down the mountain and luckily caught the Wood's and told them the bad news. So we drove over to Rockport...FULL. So we drove up the Mirror Lake Highway and found a great campground there. Sigh.

We had a lot of fun. On Saturday we went on a hike around Mirror Lake, ate lunch by the lake, and then went fishing. We enjoyed hanging around the campground, eating delicious food including S'mores and Mike's new favorite treat - starbursts over the fire, and just talking into the wee hours of the night. The kids did amazingly well (except for one night of an hour of choral screaming from all 3 kiddos). They had so much fun playing together. Both mornings, Addy would jump up and ask to see "Mas". Every time we drove in the car, she would constantly aske for "Mas". What can I say, the girl found her 1st best friend!

Thanks so much Wood Family!! We had a blast with you guys!


Playing at our camp spot: Addy & Mason decided it was more fun to play in Camden's Pack N' Play


The gang hiking:


Beautiful scenery

Provo Falls


We even got to play in the SNOW:



Lunchtime:
Addy's own little sitting rock she found


Addy loves little Cam:

Throwing rocks into the lake was the highlight of the hike for the kids:

Mason wanted to join in the fun


Daddy teaching Addy how to catch the big ones:




Addy and her best friend, "Mas":

10 comments:

Sharlyn said...

How fun!!! Addy is looking so grown up!

Tami said...

Cute pictures! We had so much fun! Next time we'll know to make a reservation =) So as Mason was saying his prayers tonight, he ususally says "thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Camden" and the list goes on to usually include grandmas and such...anyway he said "thank thee for Addy"...it was too cute!

Lisa said...

Ahh. Camping with friends...great memories. Just think, if you move to Colorado, that could be us again!! : )

Laurie said...

Super cute pictures! What a fun summer trip! BTW love those pictures of Addy's hair! I love that site, it has inspired a whole bunch of hairstyles for us too! So glad you keep in touch!

Jessica N. said...

Beautiful pictures! I wish we had some mountains nearby. I MISS the mountains!

Melissa May said...

Camping with little kids is the BEST! They have the best time when they can be free in nature. I particularly like it for my girly-girl daughter as I feel it grounds her and makes just a wee less girly! Addy looks like she had a BALL!

Anyways, thanks for the comment on my page. Andy IS an Actor here in Los Angeles, and thus far has done several short films, iindie films and plays, but nothing amazing to speak of yet. I call him my "starving actor", HAHAH! For his "Day Job" he is also a Cameraman. SO, when I visited him in NY in January on set, he was behind the camera unfortunately - but its still cool. He just wrapped up shooting Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew 2 (what a bunch of losers!!!) and works a bit on the crappy MTV shows like Shot at Love with Tila Tequila and Rock of Love. Lets just say that BAD reality TV keeps the Curtis household alive, LOL...

The worst show he has ever worked on, to date, is The Real Exorcist for the Bravo channel. It was this show that followed Evangelical Christian Minister Bob Larson around the world while he performed exorcisms on people who thought they were possessed by demons. Don't worry, it was as fake as can be, but even still, a wee bit creepy and just stupid! At least he got a free trip to Europe out of it!

Emily said...

We just got back from camping too! That time of the year I guess! Those pictures are priceless with Addy and her dad! Cute Cute!!

Emily said...

why do I have to live somewhere where its a 102 and as flat as my stomach...aaah well maybe not my stomach!! I miss camping and mountains, but I don't miss what comes with mountains...SNOW!!

Linds Forrest said...

What an awesome weekend!! The hiking and camping looks like such a blast! Glad you had such a good time!

Jess and Heather said...

Wow Mike and Leah, looks like you have had a fun summer! That's great you have made so many friends out there. Addy looks so big and so cute! I guess it's been a while... Hopefully we will see you at Braxton's baptism.