Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Funny Blog!!

Sometimes I hate looking at blogs because it just seems like everyone else's life is so perfect, especially their kids It seems like most blogs boast that they have the smartest, cutest, most well-behaved children on the planet and that they never have a hard day of mothering EVER. I hope mine doesn't sound like this, but it just may because I am trying to keep up with all of those out there that have perfect children...trying to convince myself that I have a perfect child too :) Many times I get off the computer, after a long period of blog stalking, sad and frustrated that my child isn't absolutely PERFECT! Well, I found this blog and could not agree with it more!! It is hillarious and I am so glad that I am not the only one that thinks this way!

8 comments:

Stark Family said...

That blog is funny! I wish I had a perfect child too!! I think most people only right about the positive/perfect things their child is doing because it makes them feel better. Some days are worse than others (atleast for me), but they are totally worth it!

Sabrina said...

Weird, someone else just referenced that blog and now I can't remember who. I read way to many blogs.

I don't know what to tell you about the kid thing, I feel like I never get to see him so when I do he's good but I think things are changing because I've never had problems taking him visiting teaching but yesterday he was a pill. It also scares me because the next one has to be a horrible kid because I've lucked out with Logan. Scares the crap out of me.

Linds Forrest said...

I saw that blog too and I agree with you that after awhile you get off and you're like, 'What the... ' about your life. But seriously I wonder if people make some of it up... I mean dinners with rose pedals everywhere and romantic CD playing and they danced on the back patio... I think they get their life confused with 'She's all that'. That is at least what I tell myself. ha ha

Tami said...

Your post reminded me of something Alex Boye said at that last fireside. He compared women with swams. On the outside they are beautiful, graceful, they have their little ducklings following right in line. But underneath the water, the swams little legs are going a 100 mph trying to keep up with everything. Everyone puts on a facade that all is well but underneath, we are all a litte CRAZY!!!

Amy said...

Its sooooo true, what everyone else has commented. My life is no where near perfect, but I think its depressing to read about how horrible every's kids are, so I choose not to write about it on my blog, and I can't think of enough sarcastics remarks to make it sound cute!! But I agree with you, I really enjoy reading blogs that are honest in every way!

Jessica N. said...

Are there such things as perfect kids? My two are NOT part of that party. I can share all my adventures if you'd like ... like how Julia picked the fondant off a corner of my first cake order and how I burst into tears and ran to my room and cried. It's funny now. Not so much when it happened.

Amander said...

Good thing I don't have a husband or children to brag about ;)

I like that blog, she is pretty funny. But also, it's okay for people to be happy - inspite of the crappy days. I think she discredits some of that.

Emily said...

People are afraid to talk about the hard days, because someone might think less of them or know they aren't perfect. I think sometimes the truth is hard to write or we don't want to face the truth, or we think people don't want to hear about our depressing days! Every mom has good days and bad days, babies aren't perfect, husbands aren't perfect and WE aren't perfect!! Hopefully the good out weighs the bad and we are happy more than we are sad!! (sorry that was a gay rhyme) also sorry for the long novel!!