Thursday, July 9, 2009

Our 4th


We had a really fun 4th of July. We started out by going to the annual Benson Mill Pancake Breakfast with the Peterson's. Then we headed up to my parent's house. My sister and her family decided, last minute, to surprise us all and come up to spend the 4th in Utah. I was SO EXCITED that they were able to meet Brooklyn so soon! We went to Cafe Rio for lunch, hung out and visited all afternoon, had a BBQ that night, and did some fireworks for the kids in the street. It was such a fun day!
Addy & Scout ready for the pancakes!

Matching tatoos - thanks Shay!

Our patriotic baby


I made the girls these matching red, white, & blue tutus and bracelets, so we had to get lots of cute pictures to showcase my hard work :)

Funny story: Mike and I made homemade ice cream for the BBQ. Everyone was just talking and eating their ice cream and we all look over and see Nathan (Jennie's boy) like this. Then he said, "Mmmm, this ice cream is good!" Do you think he liked it?!?! Looks like we are expert ice cream makers :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great family picture of the 4 of you.

Sharlyn said...

OH.MY.GOSH!!! Those tutus are SOOOO cute. If I EVER have a girl, will you make me one?
I love that your girls are totally girly and always decked out with the bows, bracelets, shoes, etc.

Mary said...

The girls look adorable! Way to go on the tutus. . . how do you have the time? I am impressed! I didn't comment earlier, but I wanted to tell you that Brooklyn is beautiful! Congrats!

Mykell said...

They look so cute!!! Your so crafty I wish I had your energy.

Amander said...

OF COURSE you made cute matching tutus for your girls! You are too crafty and cute!

jessica said...

Could those tutus be any cuter?! So adorable! They look like little firecrackers!

Linds Forrest said...

You are so amazing Leah! Those tutus are just awesome!! And you look GREAT!!! :)

Stacie said...

I love all these pictures. I am sort of jealous because Sunnie's 4th of July outfit is still WAY too big. Your family picture looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures! Brooklyn is so beautiful. I can't believe you made your girls matching tutus and homemade icecream... you're amazing Leah!

Heidi said...

What a cute little family. You all looked so festive for the 4th. Good job on the tutu's. How fun!

Emily said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEE the tutu's that will be our next years outfit for sure!!! I love all her hair crazy!!!